Saturday, 3 October 2009

Design Museum: Super Contemporary and Javier Mariscal

I went to see both of the aforementioned exhibitions on Thursday, which I'd been wanting to visit for a long time, a month in fact.

I personally recommend the Javier Mariscal exhibition as it just brought a smile to my face and lifted my spirits for the whole day. Not that the Super Contemporary exhibition wasn’t great or anything especially as it had a rabbit rubbish bin which lit up when you put litter in (designed by Paul Smith can be found in convent garden). The exhibition paid homage to London’s finest designers and their innovative minds while drawing attention to events which changed the world and its effect on the design industry.

Super Contemporary closes this Sunday (4th oct) while the Mariscal exhibition closes on the 1st November.
Go to : http://designmuseum.org/ for more info



(a-b) Paul Smith "New London Rubbish Bin", Daniel Weil "Radio in a Bag" (1981)


Horatio's Garden by El Ultimo Grito and Urban Salon




I don't want to ruin the magic of Javier Marsical’s exhibition so have only uploaded one photo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment