Thursday, 12 November 2009

Source

Brief was to draw a collection of some sort and categorise and label appropriately.

I chose the carvings/sculptures found above doorways and windows. I've always been in awe at how such things can be made with so much detail and accuracy.




I decided to try and include colour to the drawings below not necessarily true to its original colour, because I thought the drawings were too similar and uninteresting. I also looked at different mediums eg, the first one is ink which made it easier to draw quickly. Graphite pencil also did the same.








I really like how the tissue print image below left worked out, it looks like a photocopy on tissue due to the textures created. But it was just a stencil and some ink and a tissue. I tried repeating the same technique on the image below but it didn't have the same effect.
Text


I was trying to include elements of the decorative carvings and think it's turned out well. I didn't manage to put the drawings up and sort them out properly but I liked the exercise of obssessively drawing one type of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment