Thursday, 10 December 2009

new york photos/drawings


I kept noticing how some of the building had faded text on them from old ads.
 my second glimpse at an american fire engine took a chance at taking a photo of it.
  
amazing James Farley Post Office the text reads: Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Thanksgiving Day, crowds gather for the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade
"Watch out!"

This was the drawing chosen for the exhibition, it was based on a photograph I took when I went to visit Ground Zero. When drawing from life I feel a little uncomfortable and they tend to come out rubbish a few above are examples, but I think it was also because I was unsure what to draw and I may have been drawing for the sake of it. I really like how the Ground Zero drawing came out, I chose this particular image because of the buildings around the area where WTC used to stand, they look like they weren't affected at all now though they probably were when it happened. The contrast and also the feel of the place when I went there, people just getting on with their life as expected. It also just looks like a construction site, how incredibly normal. I'm rambling now..

No comments:

Post a Comment