Friday, 16 July 2010

Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World *Spoiler alert*


I must be mad to choose this story to illustrate. I was meant to buy more books from the list we were given, but I really liked the narrative and from reading the synopsis of other books (apart from The New York Trilogy, of course, I'm still looking to buy that one) I don't think I would have been nearly as intrigued or entertained as I have been with 'Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World'.

Though I have no idea what some of the sci-fi jargon the characters are talking about, I like the juxtoposition between the quite surreal and 'action-packed' reality and the eerily calm subconsiousness of The End of the World (if that is where the main character's End of the World is).

I have started making notes of locations, people and objects in the story which is what the post it notes are for. I might have to rely on perspective for a lot of the locations i.e a wall that covers the town, I may draw a normal sized wall but draw looking up...

I'll see how it goes, I guess

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! You've already started your research? That's amazing! Murakami's novels are really difficult to understand, so illustrating the story must be harder!...so I am excited to see how you'll illustrate this story!^_^

    ReplyDelete